Welcome to Secondary School. Our secondary school includes grades 7-12. It consists of the middle school level from grades 7-9 and the high school level from grades 10-12. We promote inquiry learning and develop the students’ 21st century skills: collaboration, communication, creativity, and critical thinking.
In Sekolah Bogor Raya’s Secondary Program, we place emphasis on giving students more opportunities to explore themselves, their talents, and their potential to find who they are. We have built a strong program to guide them to make choices about the college and career they want to pursue in the future.
During the 2016-2017 academic year we were accepted as a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate Diploma program. We will start implementing the program at the start of the 2019-2020 academic year.
Besides implementing the International Standard Curriculum, our students will attend National Examinations in grade 9 and grade 12 to get the diploma/ijazah from the Indonesian government.
We believe that each student is unique, and understand that each needs to be supported in different ways as they work towards their future goals. Our teachers here will guide them carefully when facing and solving the challenges they come across and to bring out the very best in each student.
Grades 6-8 – Cambridge Secondary 1
Cambridge Secondary 1 offers schools a flexible curriculum that can be developed to suit their needs and leads up very well to the IGCSE standards. There is a curriculum framework for each subject – English, English as a second language, mathematics and science – providing a clear teaching structure. Many schools use the integrated assessments to monitor learners’ progress.
The Cambridge Secondary 1 curriculum has been mapped alongside the National Curriculum of Indonesia to ensure compliance.
Grades 9-10 – Cambridge IGCSE
Cambridge IGCSE is the world’s most popular international curriculum for 14-16 year olds, leading to globally recognized and valued Cambridge IGCSE qualifications.
Currently we offers 10 subjects for IGCSE examinations; Math, ESL, ICT, Global Perspective, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Bahasa Indonesia, Music, and Visual Arts. Math and ESL IGCSE exams are compulsory to be taken by the students
Grades 11 Diploma Programme
Before Grade 11, we will consult with students to help them choose between A Level and GAC pathways based on a number of factors including their academic achievement in the IGCSE mock tests, their planned university subjects and destination. We will also use the results of their psychological tests as one of the considerations.
Grade 12 Cambridge A-Level & GAC
Cambridge Advanced curriculum supports learners enabling them to succeed. The syllabuses prepare learners for university study, which is why universities worldwide value and recognise Cambridge International AS and A Level qualifications. At present we only offer A level curriculum for Science pathway
The Global Assessment Certificate
The Global Assessment Certificate (GAC) program is the world’s most recognized university preparation program for students who do not have English as their first language.
The GAC is a university preparation program that provides students with the academic knowledge, skills, and confidence to enter and successfully complete a bachelor’s degree at one of many selected universities. If you want to study overseas, successful completion of the GAC is a pathway into a bachelor’s degree at one of many GAC Pathway Universities in the United States, Australia, Canada, United Kingdom, and other countries worldwide.
IB Diploma Programme
Bogor Raya Secondary School is an authorized IB World School for the Diploma Programme.
- Teaching and Learning Process
Sekolah Bogor Raya’s Secondary school applies a moving class system when students will move from one room to another to study different subjects. The maximum number of students for each class is 25. There are 4 terms in one academic year. Students will receive report cards every term.
The assessment system and evaluation of student progress is conducted in both formative and summative ways. Formative assessments are conducted throughout the school year to assess the student’s ongoing effort, achievement, understanding, skills, and knowledge in class. Summative assessment takes the form of course work, projects, or formal tests which are conducted twice a year towards the end of the semester.
Ongoing, in-class assessment typically makes up 80% of the student’s final grade while 20% comes from their final tests. This reflects our commitment to assessing our students’ skills and strengths as they develop and perform daily in the classroom and the community instead of relying too heavily on formal testing which can sometimes only show one limited aspect of a learner’s overall ability.
Where possible we also participate in international school evaluations such as ACER and ICAS testing in order to benchmark our students’ abilities against international standards.
- Community Service Program
Sekolah Bogor Raya’s Community Service Program was introduced in 2012 to develop students as a whole person, establishing core values in life, and to encourage students to take meaningful action by contributing to society and making this world become a better place. As global citizens, they must be aware of global challenges and be able to devise solutions for them. The program gives students direct engagement with the community. It is a volunteer service that is beneficial for the community, and is non-paid, non- graded, and non- punitive.
- University Preparation Program
Admission to university is a challenging process. We always try to guide the students to find the best university that fits their passion, personality, and potential since the students are in Junior High School.
We hold some events such as; university fair, career day, university visit,and also internships for grade 11 students during mid semester break to give more exposure to the students about the university world. We do the aptitude test in grade 10 to identify the students talents, interest and personality.
- Alumni of Sekolah Bogor Raya
Our first graduate of Senior High School was in 2012. Currently we have 238 alumni who are studying in universities all over the world.
Indonesian State Universities
- Institut Teknologi Bandung, Bandung (SNMPTN)
- Institut Teknologi Bandung, Bandung (International Class)
- Universitas Airlangga, Surabaya (International Program)
- Universitas Diponegoro, Semarang (Jalur Mandiri)
- Universitas Gajah Mada, Yogyakarta (International Undergraduate Program)
- Universitas Indonesia, Depok (SBMPTN & SIMAK KKI)
- Universitas Padjajaran, Bandung (SBMPTN)
- Universitas Negeri Padang (Jalur Mandiri)
- Universitas Sumatera Utara, Medan (SNMPTN)
Indonesian Private Universities
- BINUS ASO School of Engineering, Tangerang
- BINUS University International, Jakarta
- ESMOD, Jakarta
- IULI – International University Liaison Indonesia, Tangerang
- i3L – Indonesia International Institute for Life-Sciences, Jakarta
- Lasalle College, Jakarta
- London School of Public Relations, Jakarta
- Perkasa Flight School, Cilacap
- SAE Creative Media Institute, Jakarta
- Sekolah Tinggi Pariwisata Bandung NHI
- Sampoerna University, Jakarta
- Stenden University, Bali
- Surya University, Tangerang
- Swiss German University, Tangerang
- Telkom University, Bandung
- UNIKA Atma Jaya, Jakarta
- Universitas Bina Nusantara, Tangerang
- Universitas Katolik Parahyangan, Bandung
- Universitas Kristen Krida Wacana, Jakarta
- Universitas Multimedia Nusantara, Tangerang
- Universitas Pelita Harapan, Jakarta
- Universitas Pertamina, Jakarta
- Universitas Prasetiya Mulya, Tangerang
- Universitas Trisakti, Jakarta
- International School of Culture & Language, Osaka
- Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University, Beppu
- Ritsumeikan University, Kyoto
- Waseda University, Tokyo
- Asia Pacific University, Kuala Lumpur
- Taylor’s University, Subang Jaya
- Universiti Teknologi Petronas, Perak
- Universiti Putra Malaysia, Seri Kembangan
- Hanze University of Applied Science, Groningen
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences, Enschede
- TU Delft – Delft University of Technology, Delft
- Universiteit van Amsterdam, Amsterdam
- University of Twente, Enschede
- Centria University of Applied Science, Kokkola
- South-Eastern Finland University of Applied Science, Kouvola
- Blue Mountain International Hotel Management School, Sydney/Melbourne
- Le Cordon Bleu
- Macquarie University, Sydney
- Monash University, Melbourne
- RMIT University, Melbourne
- University of Adelaide, Adelaide
- University of New South Wales, New South Wales
- University of Sydney
- University of Tasmania
- University Technology Sydney, Sydney
- University of Western Australia, Perth
- Massey University, Auckland
- Beijing Film Academy, Beijing
- Les Roches Jin Jiang College, Shanghai
- 3dsense Media School
- James Cook University
- LASALLE College of the Arts
- Nanyang Academy of Fine Arts
- PSB Academy
- Singapore Management University
- TMC Academy
- Korea University, Seoul
- Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Karlsruhe
- EU Business School, Munich
United States of America
- Academy of Art University, San Francisco
- Community College Oklahoma, Oklahoma
- Diablo Valley College, California
- Loyola Marymount University, California
- Purdue University, Indiana
- Ringling College of Art & Design, Florida
- Santa Monica College, California
- Tyler Junior College, Texas
- University of California Davis, California
- The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- The University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of the Pacific, San Francisco
- University of Washington, Seattle
- University of Wisconsin, Wisconsin
- Washtenaw Community College, Michigan
- Wesleyan University, Connecticut
- George Brown Community College, Toronto
- Le Cordon Bleu, Ottawa
- Memorial University of Newfoundland, Newfoundland
- McGill University, Montreal
- University of British Columbia, Okanagan
- The University of Alberta, Alberta
- Dharma Drum University, Taipei
- National Cheng Kung University, Tainan City
- National Taiwan University, Taipei
- Southampton Solent University, Southampton
- University of Art London – Central Saint Martins, London
- The University of Birmingham, Birmingham
As stated in our mission, our programs prioritize the spiritual, emotional, intellectual, and physical development of our students and we always encourage them to build self-esteem and always strive to be the very best through any activities, either academic or non-academic. Students can learn many things from their experience such as competitions and as the results of this process, our students were also honored with a variety of achievements:
2018-2019 Achievements Academic Non-Academic Gold Medal in German Olympiad 1st Place in Choir Competition at SMA Regina Pacis Vanda International Science Competition 3rd Place Choir Competition for Secondary Level at ANPS (2017) 3rd Place Water Rocket Competition for Senior High School Level at Madania School 2nd Place ANPS Battle of the Band for Senior High School level in ANPS (2018) Winner of Debate Competition in BPK Penabur Senior High School Level 2nd Place Band Competition for Senior High School level at ANPS (2017) Best Delegation in Model United Nation, High Scope Indonesia 1st Place Movie Competition for Senior High School level at SMAN 3, Bogor (2017)